Please participate in our Purchase Region Hazard Mitigation Survey. This survey is for PADD to update the Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan for the Purchase Region (Ballard, Calloway, Carlisle, Fulton, Graves, Hickman, Marshall and McCracken). This plan helps your community to improve their preparedness when a natural disaster occurs. Please take a few minutes to fill out this survey. Your response is greatly appreciated.
If you have any questions please contact Rachel Stuckey via email or 270-251-6183.
The links below provide you access to the FEMA/KyDEM Approved 2018 update of the Jackson Purchase Region Hazard Mitigation Plan.
It is organized with Regional Plan Update Information and County Annexes, which address in detail each county and the jurisdictions within.
Appendix 1 consists of storm event data tables for the Purchase Region for the period of 1/1/1950 thru 3/31/2017 as identified in the National Center for Environmental Information (NCEI) Storm Events Database.
Appendix 2 consists of extracts from an exhaustive study by the Mid-America Earthquake Center, University of Illinois. It is a detailed scenario/simulation for a 7.7 Magnitude earthquake in the New Madrid Seismic Zone. These extracts provide damage and casualty estimates for the 25 western counties of Kentucky, with particular emphasis on the eight Purchase Counties.
- Jackson Purchase Region Natural Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Ballard County Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Calloway County Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Carlisle County Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Fulton County Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Graves County Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Hickman County Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Marshall County Hazard Mitigation Plan
- McCracken County Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Jackson Purchase Region HMP Appendix 1 - Storm Event Charts
- Jackson Purchase Region HMP Appendix 2 - Earthquake Impact